Bwana, Kito and Lina escape from Port Artue. After battle with a severe storm, the gang finally reaches the gate to Underland. They will need to interpret Kaonandodo’s journal and figure a way to open the gate in order to continue their journey.
1. Machete: Grab a machete from the tent.
2. Journal: Go over to the table. Check the watch. The time is 10 O’clock. Take a look at Kaonandodo’s journal. Notice the drawings.
3. Leaves: Use the machete to clear the jungle leaves. Uncover and go up a stairway.
4. Entrance: At the end of the stairway, Bwana discovers a stone entrance with four panels. Each panel can be turned when pressed. Recall the drawing on Kaonandodo’s journal. Turn the panels to match the drawing. The door will open. Enter a ruin.
5. Observatory: Check out the observatory. The observatory is consisted of a giant ring on a rotating base. The base is engraved with symbols. When you press the button on the stone pillar next to the ring, the ring will change orientation and the base will rotate. Turn the ring until you see the moon when you look through the ring. Check out the engraving at the base: A thunderbolt.
6. Wheel: Go over to a giant rotating wheel on the ground. The wheel consists of three buttons in the center surrounding by six engravings and three dials.
How to Solve the Rotating Wheel Puzzle:
a. Recall seeing the “Path Star” symbol from A Mister’s Guide to Navigation. Take out the guide from the bag and turn to chapter 7: Celestial Navigation. Look up the celestial path at 10 o’clock (current time): Path of the Wave. Tap on the Button with Path Star Symbol at the center will move the Dial with Path Star Symbol. Align the dial with the Sea Wave Engraving.
b. Tap on the Button with Moon Symbol at the center will move the Dial with Moon Symbol. Align the dial with the Thunderbolt Engraving.
c. Locate a button next to the door. Press the button with active a mechanism and a panel on the door will depress. Go back to the giant wheel on the ground and notice the Dial with Swirl Symbol is align with the engraving symbol same as the one on the depressed panel. Tap on the Button with Square Swirl Symbol at the center to move the Dial with Square Swirl Symbol. Repeat the steps five times until all the panels on the door is depressed.
d. A pedestal will raise from the center of the giant wheel. Grab an ancient ceramic figure.
7. Gate: Go back to Lina. Notice the ancient ceramic figure resembles a carving on the gate. Insert the figure. The gate will open. Hop on Kito’s rift while the gate is closing and enter Underland!
Thank you for reading our walkthrough guide! Check back later for guides to The Journey Down Chapter 3!